Leaks In Delaware, Lewis Center, Powell, OH, and Surrounding Areas
Signs of a Water Leak
While some water leaks can be obvious, others may go unnoticed and silently cause havoc in your home. Water leaks can cause mold growth and respiratory problems, which can be detrimental to your health. They can even cause structural damage, so it’s important to call a professional immediately when you notice signs of a leak.
Here are some signs to look out for:
- An increase in your water bill: This is not unusual. It happens when you water your plants or your yard, or when you wash your car. However, if your water bill suddenly spikes and you have not increased your water usage, you should call a professional to check for a possible water leak.
- Running Water Meter: Make sure to check your water meter. Are you noticing that your water meter is constantly running even when you’re not using it? It could indicate a leak.
- Standing Water: Are there wet spots around your garden, sink, toilet, or bathtub? These are signs that you may have a water leak.
- Signs of Water Damage: Look out for signs like paint bubbles or brown spots on walls and ceilings. You may have a leaky pipeline if you cannot identify the source of water above the ceiling stain.
Water Damage on the Ceiling from a Leaking Pipe
- Musty Smell: If left unattended, mold and mildew can grow. You may have a hidden leak if you notice a persistent musty odor, regardless of how well you clean.
- Sound of Water: A possible water leak can be identified by sputtering, hissing, thumping, and babbling brook sounds.
- Foundation cracks: As your house ages, it’s not uncommon for foundation cracks to develop. A foundation crack that develops quickly could indicate a water leak. You should call an expert immediately if you see this. Failure to act quickly could lead to structural damage.
- When to Call a Professional: If the leak is not stopped or you cannot find it, turn off the main water valve immediately and call a professional to prevent further damage. We are leaking detection experts! Emergency Plumbing, Heating & Air uses special equipment to locate the source of the leak quickly, regardless of whether it is behind a wall or under concrete. If you suspect that there is a leak, call us at (740) 217-0450.
If you Need Drywall Leak Services:
Our Leak Services Include:
- Kitchen Pipe Repair
- Kitchen Pipe Replacement
- Slab/Foundational Leak Service
- Bathroom Pipe Repair
- Bathroom Pipe Replacement
- Water Heater Leak Services
- Drywall Leak Services
- Leak Detection
- Leaks Inside Walls & Floors
- Exterior Leaks
- Water Line Leaks
- Underground Leaks
If you are hearing running/dripping water, you notice soft spots on your drywall or ceiling, or you have a loss of water pressure you may have a leak. Contact the experts today!