Expansion Tank In Delaware, OH & Surrounding Areas
At Emergency Plumbing Heating & Air, we have experienced technicians with the knowledge and expertise to properly install and maintain your expansion tank in Delaware, OH. We understand the importance of an expansion tank in hot water and closed-loop plumbing systems, and all of our technicians have been extensively trained to make sure your expansion tank system is running efficiently and safely.
We guarantee our work, and our customers are always satisfied with the quality of our service. Call us today to schedule a service appointment that promises unparalleled craftsmanship!
Understanding The Basics Of Expansion Tanks
An expansion tank is an essential component of hot water and plumbing systems. It is a small but vital piece of equipment designed to maintain pressure in closed-loop hot water heating and plumbing systems. In Ohio, if you have a check valve or other back-flow prevention device on your plumbing system, it makes your entire plumbing and, in fact, your home a closed-loop system. That means you are required to have an expansion tank.
An expansion tank offers a critical level of protection by providing a place for excess water and air to be contained as pressure rises while keeping the water within the system safe. Maintaining equilibrium within the plumbing system prevents problems like fluctuating air pressure, which can lead to reduced performance and potential damage, including leaky valves and an exploding hot water tank.
Here’s How It Works:
- Pressure and Volume: When water heats up, it occupies more space. In a closed system, this increase in volume leads to higher pressure. The expansion tank has two compartments – one filled with air, the other with water. As water pressure climbs, it presses against the air, giving the water room to expand without causing any chaos.
- Finding Balance: Consider the expansion tank as a mediator between your water heater and plumbing. It keeps the pressure in check within your pipes, preventing any spikes that might lead to leaks or burst pipes.
Types Of Expansion Tanks
Expansion tanks in Delaware, OH aren’t one-size-fits-all. They come in different variations, each designed to suit specific systems and settings. Our skilled technicians can help you determine the best fit for your system. These are the different types:
- Diaphragm-Type Tanks: This is your match if your plumbing or HVAC system is closed-loop. These tanks feature a flexible diaphragm that separates air from water. As water enters, the diaphragm compresses the air, accommodating expansion. They’re compact and ideal for homes, offering dependable pressure control.
- Bladder-Type Tanks: Similar to diaphragm tanks, bladder-type tanks use a rubber bladder to separate air and water. The bladder ensures minimal contact between air and water, preventing corrosion and maintaining water quality. These tanks are common in larger commercial systems.
- Plain Steel Expansion Tanks: These tanks are often found in older systems and consist of a steel shell with no diaphragms or bladders. They work well in open-loop systems where water quality isn’t a concern. However, they require more maintenance due to their exposed water surface, which can lead to rust and sediment buildup.
Protect Your Home's Comfort!
Expansion Tanks are essential components of hot water or closed-loop plumbing systems, and it’s crucial to ensure your home or business’s expansion tank is in good condition. Emergency Plumbing Heating & Air offers a complete line of expansion tank services in Delaware, OH, from repair and maintenance to installation and replacement.
Contact us today to learn more about our plumbing services and ensure your home or business has the perfect expansion tank.